This blog is meant to serve as a basic introduction into the Windows family of operating systems. It provides an understanding of what Windows is, what aspects of the computer it controls, as well as how an end user can manage data, create and delete files and folders inside of the computer, and manage hardware devices. You will learn the basics of how to open and close Windows, as well as understand fundamental terminology associated with basic Windows concepts.
Table of Contents:
Follow one of the links below to start learning all about how the Windows family of operating systems work.
- What is Windows?
- Why Use Windows?
- Key Terms and Definitions
- Timeline of the Windows Introductions
- Anatomy of a Window
- Basic Window Components
- Logging On and Off a Windows Computer
- Overview of User Accounts in Windows
- Basic Buttons and Menu Commands
- Opening Windows
- Closing Windows
- Minimizing Windows
- Maximizing Windows
- Moving and Resizing Windows
- How To Determine the Version of Windows Being Used on a Computer