Burning your very own audio cd’s with Winamp Pro is fast and easy. This blog serves as a complete for creating your own music cd using the program.
The first step is to download and install the Winamp Media Player. I’ve made a link to the installer file from our website to your computer and the link can be found here.
The next step is to decide which tracks you want to copy over to the CD. For this step open Winamp.
Open the media library by left clicking the View menu. From the drop down menu select Media Library. Alternatively, you can press ALT + L to open the media library.
The Media Library window will open:
In Media Library find the tracks you want to copy to a CD and right click each track and select Send To: from the drop-down menu. From the list of available destinations select the CD Burner as the destination to copy to.
Winamp will copy the files temporarily to the CD burner location view in the Winamp media library.
- Confirm all files have been copied over to the CD burner device.
- In the list shows all music tracks waiting to be copied to CD.
- Left click the Burn button and Winamp will prompt you to confirm the operation. The following window is shown.
- There are three options to specify on this window.
- The burn option specifies how fast Winamp should burn the CD. In the regular version speed is limited to 1X or 2X burn type. In Winamp Pro, you can burn the CD up to 62X.
- Enable Burn-proof mode is supported on newer CD burners and helps ensure that the burn does not fail.
- Test Mode – lets you go through the burning process without actually writing to the physical CD. This can be useful to test system performance without risking making unusable media.
- When you are ready left click the Burn button to confirm the Burn and proceed with the operation.
Congratulations! You now know how to burn a music CD with Winamp Pro!